Friday 11 April 2014

Guilty Pleasure

You know when you are watching a film but actually genuinely watching one particular actor. Moreover, you are not watching him or her as the supposed role in the film but as a star persona he or she is to you. Well, I admit I'm guilty of that.
Even knowing about the camera tricks, the stunt double, the green screen...nothing seems to matter when you see your favourite actor doing amazing things on the screen. Thats suspension of disbelieve for you.
This happens to me a lot of times. I'll catalogue them from time to time. One that comes to my mind, off hand (not so) is Orlando Bloom is LOTR.


Dressed up in elves costume, he does not only look handsome and sexy but also vulnerable and sensitive. A warrior with a golden heart. Prancing about with choreographed movements, flipping his platinum blonde hair ... Oh! that just gets me going. His arrows never miss, he never fails to be non empathetic. And all these for me does not stand for Legolas, but all these come from the star persona of Orlando Bloom, that I've created in my mind palace.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment