Thursday 17 April 2014

#TakeOne q.AM: It is real.

Yesterday as people were criticizing my criticism of Mainak's Take One, among other contest raised, was one about confusing real with representation. Well I was not confused but today's newspaper article shows that the director, rather the whole unit is. Excerpts from the interview published today.


  • Anwesha: Mom is anyway like Doel! It didn’t really make a difference seeing her howling and crying. I see her every day like that. Mom came back home one day and went inside the bathroom and was there for endless hours. I knocked on the door and asked ‘Mom, what are you doing’ and she said ‘I'm coming out’, in a very dull voice. So while shooting for the movie I was like, ‘this is her’.
  • Swastika: And also about the men in Doel’s and my life who have always three-timed, not even two-timed!
  • Swastika: ...Mainak knows me personally, he knows me totally. So I think he could connect me with Doel Mitra. He was sure that I would add a lot of things.
  • Mainak: She is being diplomatic, I stole! I stole from her life. I have a habit of stealing from people’s lives, here I stole way too much. I could have picked a Tamil film like a lot of other people do, I chose to pick her life. And I even stole her daughter!
Justing their lifestyle- Isn't the film Take One is all about?

Here is the full interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment